March is Women’s History Month
The 2016 theme is
Working to Form a More Perfect Union:
Honoring Women in Public Service and Government.
Throughout the country, we depend on effective leaders, innovators, and visionaries in the public sector, and this year we honor their service and dedication to the public good.
Plan an event around this year’s Women’s History Month theme, “Forming a More Perfect Union: Honoring Women in Public Service and Government.”
- Make women’s historic achievement visible by requesting that all government agencies at the local, state and federal level honor women in public service and government.
- Ask for special proclamations by city councils, boards of supervisors, state leaders and federal departments. Type Sample Proclamation into our website’s http://www.nwhp.org search engine for an example.
- Encourage women’s history programs and celebrations in your children’s schools from K- college and consider an appropriate way to recognize women in your workplace.
- Ask the PTA or another organization to sponsor an essay contest that would encourage students to write about women in public service or government in their own communities.
- Contact your local bookstores, libraries, and public centers to have special women’s history programs that feature women writers and historians.
Visit the Women’s History Month section of our website http://www.nwhp.org for more information about:
2016 Theme and Honorees
To make history come a live at your event, visit the Performers and Authors section of our website http://www.nwhp.org
- All 2016 Theme Items are now available in the NWHP store
- Order early to save postage – use Media Mail
- Free Copy of 2016 Women’s History Gazette is now available.
- 2016 Women’s History Gazette Packet (25) – useful for any event or program.
- 50% Discount on Previous Theme Items
- Join a special celebration at the 2016 Honorees Awards Luncheon